It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
The History of Henry J. Burke and Sons
Henry Burke established the Henry J. Burke Funeral Home in 1933 to serve Wellesley and surrounding communities. Originally located in a storefront at 17 Washington Street, Wellesley, Mr. Burke arranged traditional in-home services. As the community moved away from this tradition, Mr. Burke moved the funeral home to its current location, 56 Washington Street, to provide a larger and more inviting atmosphere.
Through diligent work and community involvement, Mr. Burke established a reputation of honest and compassionate service to families in need. Serving as an usher at St. John the Evangelist Church in Wellesley Hills for over 40 years, Mr. Burke and his wife Mary were well known, active members of the church and local community.
Mr. Burke's commitment to hard work and public service has been translated into the philosophy that the Henry J. Burke and Sons Funeral Home has carried through to today. Carrying on in the tradition of their father, Robert and Richard Burke served as funeral directors through the 1980's and early 1990's.
Today, the third generation of the Burke family continues in the tradition of compassionate service. Marianne, Daniel, and Michael Burke along with Charles F. Blackington, Jr. work diligently to provide personal service to local families.